Monday, February 22, 2010

I hate Facebook

I cannot abide FB. In response to inquires from my friends, Facebook refused to let me write more than three FRIKKING COMPLETE SENTENCES (I was 'using too many words', it complained). So unless folks want updates like 'I'm fine', you'll have to come here. Sorry, but don't blame me - my ever-so-slightly verbose nature is not the problem.

After taking the time to point that out, I'll go on to say that the only news from the Canadian side is that I'm leaving town tomorrow for a week in the sopping wet dog-hair timber referred to as 'the woods' by townies. Tony told me not to bring trekking poles because I'd lose them in the post-logging regrowth and I'll need both hands to push through it. It reminds me of some of those burned areas on the west side/Madison, sections of which hold the distinction as the only terrain ever to bring me to tears. We'll be venturing out from a Parks Canada government cabin to count snowshoe hare tracks, in exchange for laughable compensation (why does this scenario seem oddly familiar . . ?).

Anyhew, don't look for any verbage from me for a spell. I secretly hope I’ll be able to report a soggy lynx sighting upon my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment